Zero-waste and circularity
HER CLO.LAB. is a "design for change" platform, where we re-imagine, re-engineer, up-cycle and transform what already exists.
HER CLO.LAB's design model is based on ideas of circular economy. We are working with existing resources, instead of using virgin materials. Our collections consist of one of a kind, season-less pieces and made to order garments. Each garment is designed and developed locally in Sydney, Australia, with help from skilful makers and passionate creatives. All pieces are made using zero waste production model.
Below are few steps we take towards zero waste and circularity production:
- Working only with existing textiles
- Re-imagine, re-design and transform garments that already exist, by connecting creativity and sustainability.
- Utilising small left over fabrics to make accessories like tote bags
- Utilising smallest fabric scraps in quilting
- Incorporating zero-waste pattern making when constructing each garment